Change country PLAY STORE [Tutorial]
Why would you want to change the country in Play Store? Today we live in a digital world where any content can reach the other side of the world in the blink of an eye, so content blocks by region They have not been waiting. These blocks cause us not to see certain content that is only allowed in another country, something that also happens a lot with the applications and games of the Google Play Store.
Although at first we can think that there is nothing to do to avoid blocking by region and thus enjoy certain content, there are always ways to pass these restrictions. That is, if there are ways to enjoy such content and one of them is change the country of your Play Store account.
You must keep in mind that it is not a very fast and simple process, since you will have to create a new Google account and then configure it. In case you want to change the country because you have moved, the process to change the country of your account will also be somewhat tedious, although not as much as in the first case.
Keep in mind before you start
As I mentioned earlier, there are several ways to use an application that is blocked in your country, such as downloading it from Mirror APK or from an app store that is not Play Store. There are many stores that offer applications that are blocked in certain countries, although in this case it is important that you be careful with the origin of the files and that it is a place of trust.
Mirror APK is one of the most popular options because its repertoire of applications comes directly from the Play Store, so they are applications as safe as those in the official Google store.
Now that you have this in mind, if you still want to continue with the change of country of the account of your mobile, we begin:
Change the country of your Google account if you have moved
This case fits the profile of a person who has moved or who is visiting another country because, even if you have a SIM card from that country and the GPS detects that it is there, this is not enough for Google to show the applications unlocked in that country and to be charged in the local currency. It is required to change the address manually.
Unfortunately it is not enough to go to the Gmail account and change the data, it is necessary to enter the Google Wallet settings and make the changes.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Enter in the page of the Google payment center and sign in with your account.
- Select the Configuration option in the panel on the left.
- Select the country to which you have moved.
- Edit the address and add your new address.
- To finish you simply save the changes.
It is required that you add a form of payment that has an address that matches the country to which you have moved and the one you want to change in your Play Store. For example, if you want to enter the Play Store of the United States you will have to enter an address for that country.
Once you have a payment method that is valid and you have manually edited your address in the payment center, the next thing you have to do is go to the Play Store and enter any application that is paid. Select this application and then select the "Buy" option and when the "Confirm" option appears you do not have to finish the purchase, simply close the application and delete the app data from Settings> Applications> Google Play Store> Storage> Clear data.
When you have deleted the data, reopen the application store and now you must see that the prices are in the currency of the country to which you have moved. Even if you have deleted the data, keep in mind that in some cases changes are not made immediately and may take a few hours to show up. The Play Store will ask you again to accept the terms and conditions.
Use a Google account from another country in the Play Store
This method will take more time and is for people who do not have a valid address and payment method of the country from which you want to download applications.
To do this It is necessary to create a Google account from another country. That is, there is nothing you can do to access the applications from that country with your current account, not unless you follow the previous section (with a payment method that checks in the other country).
In order to create a Google account from another country you need use a VPN in your browser (when creating the account) and from Android when you are going to log in. When you have the VPN prepared, you should simply follow these steps:
- Make sure you already have the VPN ready on your Android and that it works.
- Create a new Google account using the VPN with the country or location where you want to create the account. You can create an account from any country and put your current phone number, that does not matter.
- You will need to delete your current Google account from the device. To do so, go to Settings> Accounts> Google> Remove account.
- Delete the data from the Play Store in Settings> Applications> Google Play Store> Storage> Clear data.
- Open the VPN on Android, select the country in which you will configure your account that you have already created and, when it is already running, open the Play Store.
- Log in using the access data of your new Google account and voila, now you must see the applications of that country with the prices in your currency.
In this method it is not necessary to add a payment method, because as it is a new account that step you can leave for later.
Read article in: Spanish